Baker Hughes is a leading Oil & Gas product and services organization. We operate in 90 countries worldwide with over 35,000 employees. We create value for Oil & Gas companies by offering leading drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production products and services.
Senior Directional Driller
At Baker Hughes, this position is responsible for supervising and instructing Junior Field Engineers on wellsite work and activities, as well as providing advice and direction to external customers and third-party wellsite colleagues. This position is also responsible for maintaining frequent internal and external customer contacts in order to maintain and grow the companys status as the recognized leader within the oil service industry.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Under minimal supervision, provide direct instruction and supervision to junior Field Engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities.
• Provide advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
• Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product lines tool(s) and/or service(s).
• Work is evaluated upon completion by a Field Supervisor (where appropriate), local Operations Management and the external Customer to ensure objectives have been met.
• Act as a project leader and mentor junior field engineers.
• Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
• Execute other related duties as assigned.
• Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
• Successfully complete additional advanced technical training and assigned well site development programs.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Industry experience and product line training required.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
• Two year Technical Degree preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the skill profile required for the delivery of Directional Systems services at the well site.
• Ability to work in challenging Directional Systems environments and to provide complex solutions to the Customer.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills; and excellent customer awareness.
• Ability to relate to well site personnel at all levels, be a strong team member, and demonstrate leadership capability.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
Please submit your application indicating position applied in the e-mail subject to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on October, 31st, 2012. --- Update :